Crethan Hansert Memorial Tournament is this weekend
The 10th annual Crethan Hansert Memorial Tournament, established to honor the late Red Raider and raise funds for Central High School baseball, is running Friday through Sunday in Manchester and Tullahoma.
Four high school baseball teams–Riverdale and Coffee, Grundy and Marshall counties–will be competing Friday and Saturday at Powers Field in Manchester. Four more teams–Tullahoma, Blackman and Franklin and Warren counties–will be competing at Tullahoma. The top two teams from each pool will compete Sunday afternoon, and the tournament championship game will be held at 6:30 Sunday. All Sunday games will be played at Powers Field behind Central High School.
Manchester (Pool A) games are scheduled as follows.
- Coffee Co. vs. Marshall Co., 12:30 p.m.
- Grundy Co. vs. Marshall Co., 3 p.m.
- Grundy Co. vs. Riverdale, 5:30 p.m.
- Coffee Co. vs. Riverdale, 8 p.m.
- Marshall Co. vs. Riverdale 10 a.m.
- Coffee Co. vs. Franklin Co., 12:30 p.m.
- Riverdale vs. Blackman, 3 p.m.
- Coffee Co. vs. Grundy Co., 5:30 p.m.
Tullahoma (Pool B) games are scheduled as follows.
- Tullahoma vs. Warren Co., 12:30 p.m.
- Franklin Co. vs. Warren Co., 3 p.m.
- Franklin Co. vs. Blackman, 5:30 p.m.
- Tullahoma vs. Blackman, 8 p.m.
- Warren Co. vs. Blackman, 10 a.m.
- Grundy Co. vs. Tullahoma, 12:30 p.m.
- Marshall Co. vs. Warren Co., 3 p.m.
- Franklin Co. vs. Tullahoma, 5:30
Sunday’s games are schedueld as follows at Manchester.
- Pool A #1 vs. Pool B #2, 1:30 p.m.
- Pool B #1 vs. Pool A #2, 4 p.m.
- Championship, 6:30 p.m.
Admission is $5 per day with proceeds going to the Red Raider baseball program. The concession stand at Powers Field will also be open with an extended menu all three days.
The annual event honors Crethan Hansert, a Red Raiders outfielder who died in a car accident the fall of his senior year in 2003. Hansert’s father, Scott Hansert, will address the crowd in Manchester between the second and third games Friday afternoon.
Crethan Hansert’s jersey number (7) has been painted in the outfield of Powers Field for the event.