First United Methodist Church in Manchester and Highland Baptist Church in Tullahoma will accept Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes Nov. 17-24. Hours for drop-offs at the Manchester location are 2-5 p.m., Monday-Friday; 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday; 12:30 -2 p.m. Sunday and 10-11 a.m. on Nov. 24. First United Methodist Church is located at 105 Church St. Hours for the Tullahoma location is 4-6 p.m., Monday; 9-11 a.m., Tuesday; 4:30-8 p.m. Wednesday; 9-11 a.m., Thursday; noon-2 p.m., Friday; 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday 4:30-8 p.m., Sunday and 8-10 a.m. on Monday. Highland Baptist is located at 808 Hickory St. in Tullahoma. Operation Christmas Child provides Christmas gifts to overseas youth, many of whom have never received a gift before. Suggested gifts include,
- Toys: items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-liquid hygiene items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- Also add a personal note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
For complete details on the program, go to www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas child.