Administrators at Unity Medical Center were notified on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020 of a positive COVID-19 result from Manchester Rural Health Clinic, according to a press release.
"A decision has been made to close the office for cleaning and to allow other exposed employees to self-isolate and receive testing," Unity officials said.
Unity offers to provide free COVID testing to any patient that was treated at Manchester Rural Health Clinic on Monday, Sept. 14, 2020 or Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020, upon request.
“We are thankful that we were able to avoid having any positive results up until this point,” said Martha McCormick, CEO. “We knew that this was inevitable due to the nature of this virus. I would like to commend the office staff and administrators at Manchester Rural Health Clinic for isolating this so quickly.”
Unity Medical Center strives to remain diligent in the fight against coronavirus (COVID-19).
"We want to provide you with an update about the thoughtful and deliberate steps we’re taking to reopen our hospital and return to standard operations during this ever-evolving pandemic," Unity officials said. "Over the last few months we have become aware that many in our local and non-local communities have not sought medical care for their urgent healthcare needs unrelated to COVID-19, due to fear and uncertainty about the safety of hospitals.
"We want to reassure you of the numerous additional protocols that we have implemented to ensure their safety. We are here to take care of our community and we are well-equipped to handle any health concern they may have. Our facilities have maintained historically strict standards for infectious diseases while following updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and we will continue to do so to ensure the safety of all. We have carefully prepared for the re-opening of many postponed services. We have introduced enhanced precautions to ensure a safe environment for health care delivery."
Steps Unity is taking to keep patients, visitors and our clinical teams safe:
• Screening processes are in place for all patients, and visitors entering and or transferring into facilities.
• Updated visitor policies, including limitations, which have been in place for the duration of the pandemic, remain in place across the facility. One screened and masked visitor is welcome to accompany a patient in care facilities.
• Universal masking is required throughout the facility, which exceeds CDC guidelines. Unity continues to have adequate supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) for patients, visitors, clinicians and caregivers.
• Heightened infection prevention policies instituted, including the removal of high-touch items such as magazines and toys, from facilities.
• Teams are working to advance technology-enabled solutions that minimize patients’ time in facility waiting areas.
• Each care facility has a separate location for COVID-19 positive patients and those who are under investigation. These patients are masked and escorted to designated locations.
• Non-COVID-19 patients, as well as those receiving outpatient care, or patients with scheduled procedures, are treated in separate areas and assigned caregivers who are not concurrently caring for COVID-19 positive patients.
• Unity added screeners to manage expanded screening processes designed to identify anyone who may have respiratory illness and expedite their entry to a dedicated COVID-19 area.
• Unity is working with major commercial lab companies to increase testing capacity within Unity's facility.
For more information, contact Unity Medical Center at 931-728-6354.