Area firefighters and first responders responded Aug. 24 to reports of a fully engulfed structure fire in Summitville. 

Summitville Volunteer Fire Department, along with other departments providing mutual aid, responded to a structure fire at 122 Summitville Rd. to a double-wide mobile home located back off the road, near the Summitville cave area. 

Responding firefighters quickly brought the blaze under control. 

 This is a breaking story. More information will be added as it becomes available.  

John has been with the Manchester Times since May 2011. He covers Lifestyles in addition to handling education reporting and general news assignments.John has won Tennessee Press Association awards for Best News Photo and placed in numerous other categories. John is a 1994 graduate of Tullahoma High School, a graduate of Motlow State Community College and earned a Bachelor of Arts in English from Middle Tennessee State University. He lives in Tullahoma, and enjoys the outdoors with his wife, Mitsy, and his 17-month-old, Sean.

Staff Writer

John has won Tennessee Press Association awards for Best News Photo and placed in numerous other categories. He is a graduate of THS, Motlow and MTSU. He lives in Tullahoma, and enjoys the outdoors with his wife, Mitsy, and his 17-month-old, Sean.

Recommended for you