Ryan Dunleavy, who died during this year’s Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, overdosed on drugs including fentanyl, autopsy findings show, according to local authorities.

Dunleavy of Brentwood, Tennessee, was found on June 15 in the campgrounds.

According to a toxicology report, Dunleavy had drugs including fentanyl, MDMA (ecstasy) and clozapine in his system when he died.

Dunleavy died on Saturday, June 15 after being found unresponsive in the Bonnaroo campgrounds, according to Bonnaroo representatives.

“The well-being of our patrons, staff, volunteers and artists is our primary concern, and we work diligently to ensure the safest festival possible. Earlier today, our medical team in Plaza 11 was asked to respond to a medical situation in a nearby campsite,” Bonnaroo representatives said in a statement in June. “The Bonnaroo Medical team and Coffee County Emergency Services were on the scene within minutes.

“A 27-year-old male patron camping with his father was unresponsive,” according to the statement. “The medical team administered CPR, and he was transported to the hospital. We understand that he had an underlying medical condition, and that, unfortunately, he has died. We have no further information at this time. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.”

Recommended for you