Fire crews respond to reported smoke in a room at the Econo Lodge on Paradise Street 

Manchester Fire and Rescue responded to reported smoke in a room at the Econo Lodge on Paradise Street just after 6 p.m. today, Feb. 13. While crews were enroute, the Communications Center reported they had reports there was a fire in a room on the Cracker Barrel side of the hotel, according to Fire and Rescue Chief George Chambers.

Fire crews arrived on scene with light smoke coming out of the room. Crew members entered the room and discovered the remnants of a fire in the corner of the room. Fire crews pulled out some smoldering cloths and a blanket. Crews reentered the room and extinguished hot spots in the corner of the room.

There were no injuries to the tenant of the room, as he wasn't in the room when the fire started.

Once the scene was secured, crews checked other rooms on both floors and the chase area between the rooms and found no fire extension. The scene was turned over to hotel personnel. The tenant of the room was able to collect his belongings and was relocated to another room.

"Once again, fire crews received great support from Coffee County Communication Center, Emergency Medical Services and Manchester Police Department,"  Chambers said. 

The fire is under investigation.

Recommended for you