Walmart shooting

Following an officer-involved shooting that took place at Walmart, Tullahoma Police officers have cordoned off the Walmart shopping center.

This story has been updated as of Monday, Dec. 31 at 7:00 p.m. to reflect new information. 
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) is investigating an officer-involved shooting that took place at around 11 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 28 inside the Tullahoma Walmart.
According to Winston Brooks, the public information officer for the City of Tullahoma, the incident took place around 10:44 p.m. at the Tullahoma Walmart, which is located at 2111 N. Jackson St.
Preliminary information from the incident indicates officers with the Tullahoma Police Department responded to the scene after receiving information that a wanted individual was inside. Officers located the man, identified as Mark Wade Luttrell Jr., and approached him.
At some point during the confrontation, Luttrell pulled a gun on officers. One of the officers fired at Luttrell, striking him. According to District Attorney Craig Northcott and the preliminary autopsy report, Luttrell was shot at least three times. Northcott explained this is on par with police officer training. 
Luttrell was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the TBI.
Neither of the officers names have been released, per TBI policy during ongoing investigations.
The officers involved are currently on paid administrative leave, but Northcott expects they will be back to full duty in a few days.
TBI said the investigation is ongoing and TBI Special Agents are being assisted by forensic scientists in order to gather "any and all relevant interviews and evidence."
Northcott, who was at the scene, confirmed there was an officer-involved shooting, but that there was "no known active threat" as of midnight.
Because an investigation is ongoing, Northcott could not provide specific details. 
"The names of the officers aren’t being released at this point for several reasons. Their names will likely be released at some point but it will be several weeks before that happens at the earliest," Northcott told the Times
According to Sheriff Chad Partin, the Coffee County Sheriff's Department was called in to assist with traffic and to help secure the crime scene.
Because TBI is investigating, Northcott could not confirm or deny any social media reports surrounding the incident, though he did caution that Walmart would be closed to the public until the investigation was concluded.
"We will conduct a thorough investigation and do so as efficiently as we can," he said. As of midnight, Northcott estimated it might be eight to 12 hours before Walmart was reopened to the public.
Walmart officials confirmed there was no estimated time for the reopening of the store at 8 this morning.
No police chase occurred during the incident - Coffee County Sheriff's Department pulled over a driver in relation to the shooting. The driver was Luttrell's wife, who was speeding on her way to Walmart, according to Northcott. She did not stop immediately, but did pull over without incident, he added. 
Erin McCullough may be reached at